Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Freebie!

Hey Bloggy Friends! I just wanted to share with you all what I do for birthdays in my classroom. Mine is coming up -- 2 months away, but it's close in my mind. ((I've even started a Pinterest board full of gift ideas so when people ask me what I want I don't have to answer with the usual "hmmm. I dunno.")) 
Soooo.... back to what I do in my classroom. 

I print out one of these... I color it and type their name on it. I obviously had to take the name part off so it would be more "blog sharing friendly".  ((I have such a love/hate relationship with PDFs right now. ))
You can click on the picture to get a copy of it.

Then I make a class set of this... the Birthday Boy/Girl gets to share some things that want for their birthdays and I draw a quick sketch of it on the board and label it. Then the students head back to their desk and draw what they wish they could give the birthday b/g. It can be something we discussed or something else. ((In kinder - I had a boy that would always give the girls a princess Barbie. Sooo cute!)) Then they sign their name, turn it in to me, and I make it into a book. Also, in kinder I would use a tracing font so the kids could trace Happy Birthday ____ and Love, ____. 

21 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to celebrate birthdays together! I love it--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super cute!!!!!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Birthdays at all ages are amazing. My friend is planning her grand mom's birthday with best of preparations. Already hired one of the superb Los Angeles event venues with high rated caterers and bakers. Drinks and cake will be of high quality. Suggested her to go for mixed variety rather than to stick on one flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 7ea54b13ac3ea49c69b46cce1dbc4048
    gordes
    gonen
    edremit
    caybasi
    salihli
    karacasu
    feke
    bayramic
    yesilova

    ReplyDelete
  5. It s a very useful page. Thank you. a6fda90d1e36a863278fc6c90c74f7b6
    mengen
    yumurtalik
    sinop
    trabzon
    savastepe
    havsa
    nilufer
    aliaga
    imranli

    ReplyDelete
  6. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 6f9fb8833b47c07ebb7522a12854b018
    gungoren
    keles
    foca
    genc
    hanonu
    ardanuc
    hacibektas
    bor
    ceyhan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 3886cc35c3b53309177ac5868dcc0aac
    numara onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 3cdfd44ebe7cd19bf6cf23de8c15b306
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete